Waltz etcetera: your Seattle dance home?
Over the years a few hundred people have made Waltz etcetera their dance home; many come every Monday they possibly can, a great honor. Waltz etcetera's not like some other dances that feel the need to lure you, tempting you with specials: visiting DJs, theme nights, performances, snacks, live music, fancy decorations - inessentials.
We focus on what's essential: great music (mostly proven favorites), lots of room to dance on a good hardwood floor, and lots of like-minded, friendly, noncompetitive dancers.
Oh, and lots of waltzes. Because the heart does beat in waltz time: lub dup rest, lub dup rest.
- 7 pm every Monday including holidays at Seattle's Lake City Community Center (venue info & map), $10
- A weekly dance since January 1999
- Half waltz, half etcetera: swing, blues, nightclub 2-step, Latin… Mostly familiar music, songs the dancers love.
- Dancing starts right at 7. Come early if you want lots of space to play around in for a while.
- No partner required; most dancers come solo. Ask someone to dance!
- Rather than pre-dance classes we have Musicality Lab in Ballard, 1st & 3rd Sunday afternoons. Musicality makes dancing delicious. Nothing else does.
Sign up for occasional emails: