A friendly dance with good dancers!
Most dances in Seattle seem to fall into one of two categories:
- friendly and welcoming, but the dancers are mostly beginners, or
- good dancers, but a tendency by some to take it too seriously so the vibe feels snooty, stuffy, judgmental
Waltz etcetera offers the best of both: a friendly, unstuffy dance that's attended by many experienced dancers, thanks to our music, our friendly vibe, and our consistency: weekly since 1999. We have a simple, no-frills approach: no theatrics, no fancy decor, no theme nights, demos, dress code, group dances or other distractions. Just the basics:
- great music that's mostly proven favorites, mostly deeply familiar (with just a little new spice)
- lots of room to dance, on a good hardwood floor
- and lots of friendly, noncompetitive dancers
- 7 pm every Monday including holidays at Seattle's Lake City Community Center (venue info & map)
- Waltz etcetera is my gift to you. I gladly accept donations in any amount. Thank you generous dancers!
- Half waltz, half etcetera: swing, blues, nightclub 2-step, Latin…
- Dancing starts right at 7. Come early if you want lots of space to play around in for a while.
- No partner required; most dancers come solo. Ask someone to dance!
- Rather than pre-dance classes we have Musicality Lab in Ballard, 1st & 3rd Sunday afternoons. Musicality makes dancing delicious. Nothing else does.
Sign up for occasional emails: