We're moving and growing in 2018
- Monday night dance moving to Salmon Bay Eagles in Ballard
- NEW! Thursday night dances at Salmon Bay Eagles
- NEW! 4th Saturday dances at the Lake City Community Center
In 2018 our Monday and Thursday dances will be in the upstairs ballroom at Salmon Bay Eagles (SBE), 5216 20th Ave NW in Ballard (map link). It's a warm, intimate room with a gorgeous old maple dance floor, my favorite place to dance in all of Seattle, and I've danced around some. The first SBE dance will be New Years Day: Monday Jan 1, 7 pm.
Two dances a week will easily accommodate everyone in our new intimate space. The 4th Saturday dances at the Lake City Community Center (LCCC, our Monday venue the past 9 years) are an experiment. We'll need a really good turnout to cover the new rent, so if you like dancing there, come make those dances a success.
A friendly dance with good dancers!
Most dances, at least here in Seattle, seem to fall into one of two categories:
- friendly and welcoming, but mostly beginners
- experienced dancers, but a snooty, judgmental, or competitive vibe
Waltz etcetera is the best of both: a friendly, noncompetitive dance with experienced dancers. They're drawn by the fabulous music, friendly vibe, and consistency: weekly or better since 1999. It's a no-frills dance: no fancy decor, no theme nights, no theatrics, demos, dress code, group dances or other distractions. Just the basics:
- great music that's mostly proven favorites, with just a little new spice
- lots of room to dance, on a good hardwood floor
- and lots of friendly, noncompetitive dancers
- 2017's last 2 Mondays: 7 pm Monday December 18 and Monday December 25 at Seattle's Lake City Community Center (venue info & map)
- 2018: 7 pm every Monday & Thursday at Salmon Bay Eagles in Ballard, plus 4th Saturday dances at LCCC
- It's free! Waltz etcetera is my passion, and it's my gift to you. I happily accept donations, but there's no suggested donation; that's up to you. Donate what it's worth to you to keep it going, and together we'll keep this ball rolling.
- Half waltz, half etcetera: swing, blues, nightclub 2-step, Latin…
- The music begins at 7. Come early if you like lots of space to play around in.
- No partner required; most dancers come solo. Ask someone to dance!
- No pre-dance classes. On 1st & 3rd Sunday afternoons we offer Musicality Lab in Ballard. Musicality makes dancing delicious. Nothing else does.
⋮Sign up for occasional emails⋮